DICTAMAT MultiMove door operator on double-leaf sliding doors of drying furnaces
Company Monta manufactures complex, customized paint lines.
In one installation of drying furnaces with two adjoining sliding doors each, in total 4 DICTAMAT MultiMove door operator systems were mounted.
Data of the sliding doors: double-leaf doors
Leaf: 1150 mm wide, 3300 mm high, weight approx. 900 – 1000 kg.
Operating the doors:
By switch. Possible are partial and complete opening. They are also closed by using a switch. The normal door movement is secured on the one hand by the power interruption integrated in the operating system and on the other hand by an additional light barrier.
Special features of the installation:
- Both adjoining doors are running in one rail, i.e. a door can only be opened when the other respective door is closed (this applies to both partial and complete opening).
- Additional safety feature with a light barrier and a special programming of the control system to prevent a person being locked in the drying furnace due to an unfortunate combination of circumstances.
- Coordination of the door movement with the feed rails which are used to push the painted objects into the drying furnace.
- Meeting the performance level of safety devices prescribed by the customer.
- Operators and the chain for power transmission are temporarily exposed to temperatures of up to 400 °C.
Thanks to the flexible control system, requirements which showed only during installation, could be programmed to then update the processor accordingly.
The new gearbox developed by DICTATOR is runs perfectly smooth and therefore makes it possible to also move the doors manually in case of a power cut.
Information about door position (open, closed or moving etc.) can be passed on by programmable outputs to the control system of the whole installation.
The sliding doors are controlled by the DICTAMAT MultiMove
The feeding rails for the objects to be dried are folded out when the door is open
When the doors are closing, they have to be folded back
In the chambers behind the sliding doors are drying furnaces with temperatures of up to 450 °C