Automatically closing sliding doors on a cruise ship
DICTAMAT 50 closes the sliding doors on a cruise ship of the Holland-America-Line
For many people a cruise is a dream. For the DICTAMAT 50 of DICTATOR this dream has become reality – day after day.
The newly developed compact closing device for sliding doors now makes sure that sliding doors are closed on cruise ships of the Holland-America-Line. Here the doors belong to luxury cabins with direct access to a promenade deck.
Have a look yourself: www.hollandamerica.com.
Its strong advantages have qualified the DICTAMAT 50 for this award:
- Its mechanical functioning proves to be ideal also for retrofitting. As there is no electrical connection needed the installation is relatively easy and there will be no additional costs during the daily operation.
- The mechanical construction avoids the annoying noise of a door drive.
- Also in case of a power cut reliable functioning is guaranteed.
- The closing speed can be adjusted in such a precise and sensitive manner that it can optimally be adapted to every application.
- All components can completely be produced from rustfree material (on the cruise ships the metal components are made of AISI 316 stainless steel).
- Depending on the requirements the closing device can be supplied as a compact unit or as modular system. This allows for an appropriate and attractive solution – even with limited available space (e.g. under the cover of the rail system, as in the case of the cruise ships).
Last but not least, DICTATOR could make the “Great Voyage” because the system (sliding door, rail system and DICTAMAT 50) have been designed together with the door producer to the last details. This included also the development of special brackets because DICTATOR not only supplies the product but also actively supports the customer, from the planning to the realization of the project.