The ‘invisible’ door closer, especially for gates
- Practically invisible, as it is built into the door: only the joint can be seen when door is open
- Often used on outside gates (garden gates, admission gates to industrial plants, etc.)
- Perfect solution for admission gates into industrial plants with access control which have to close reliably (Supply Chain Security)
- Its concealed installation protects it from the weather and makes it largely vandal-proof
- Its abrasion-resistant special joint is flexible so that the tube door closer can be used with different door hinges
- Depending on the door hinges, the doors can be opened up to 180°
|Type of doors||steel, wooden and aluminium doors|
|Door weight||max. 80 kg|
|Door height||max. 2500 mm|
|Door width||750 - 1150 mm|
|Opening angle||90 - 180°, depending on the type of hinges used|
Tube door closer RTS-d and RTS-e
- Suitable for steel and aluminium doors.
- Suitable for DIN right and left doors.
- RTS-d and RTS-e only differ in the position of the holes on the front plate.
- On aluminium doors the door closer is usually fitted into the bottom profile of the door
- On steel doors the door closer is fitted either into the top or the bottom profile
- Due to its fixing holes the RTS-e can be used as replacement for GEZE ROR TS 450 tube door closer.
Tube door closer RTS-t and RTS-u
- Suitable for steel or aluminium doors
- Suitable for DIN left and DIN right doors
- RTS-t and RTS-u tube door closers only differ in the position of their adjustment groove in the joint.
- On steel doors the thread for the fixing screws can be cut directly into the door profile. Otherwise the threaded inserts must be riveted in.
- On aluminium doors, reinforcement plates must be inserted.
- Suitable for installation either on the top or the bottom of the door.
When choosing between RTS-t or RTS-u tube door closers, it is important to observe the fitting position (top or bottom) and the DIN-opening direction of the door.
Tube door closer RTS-v
- Designed especifically for flush wooden doors, which are fitted with the tube door closer during the manufacturing process.
- Suitable for DIN left and DIN right doors
- The tube door closer can be installed at any position, preferably centered between the hinges. This ensures that the door and the hinges are as evenly loaded as possible.
Dimensions of tube door closer RTS-d and RTS-e
Dimensions of tube door closer RTS-t and RTS-u
Dimensions of tube door closer RTS-v
All dimensions in mm
Hinge dimensions to be observed
The RTS tube door closer can be mounted into a wide range of door models with different types of hinges due to its flexible joint. Nevertheless, certain hinge dimensions must be observed. Dimensions W, X and Y given in the drawings must be necessarily observed; otherwise the opening angle, latch action and closing will be affected and the RTS tube door closer could get damaged.
Should you have any questions, please contact our Technical Customer Service.
All following dimensions in mm
Installation on aluminium and steel doors
Installation on flush wooden doors
Installation on access doors and gates in fences with screw-hinges
(Warning: use angled eyelet!)
When the RTS door closer is installed in gates with screw hinges, the angled eyelet has to be used.
Surface installation using casing
Recommendation for dimension w = 20 mm
Installation of tube door closer RTS
The tube door closer RTS is fitted into the door, whenever possible, near one of the hinges. On aluminium and steel doors it is usually fitted into the profile of the door. When retrofitting pre-existing wooden doors, we recommend you mill a recess into the door (top or bottom), into which to place the door closer. However, it is possible to fit the tube door closer at any position in the wooden door. Fix the front plate of the door closer to the door (on wooden doors, sink the front plate into the door; on steel or aluminium doors, use reinforcement plates or threaded inserts, if necessary). Make sure the long groove in the joint NEVER points to the side of the door hinges (access to the adjusting screw).
Now fix the counter plate to the door frame at the same height and position as the front plate. Screw the self-locking eyelet with thread into the counter plate. The asymmetric eyelet balances out smaller differences in height between door closer and counter plate. The latch action can be adjusted by screwing the eyelet into the counter plate (latch action: eyelet enters about 15 to 17 mm into the front tube of the RTS – measured from the centre of the hole of the eyelet).
IMPORTANT: The thread of the eyelet has a special self-locking coating which prevents the eyelet from turning any further 30 minutes after the eyelet has been screwed into the counter plate!
Now connect the bronze alloy fork to the eyelet with a bolt and secure it with a snap ring. We recommend you lubricate the bolt slightly, as this considerably prolongs its life. Open the door completely and remove the securing pin from the joint. The door closer is now ready for operation. Should you need to remove the door closer or disconnect it from the counter plate, insert the securing pin back into the joint first.
Adjusting the closing speed
Open the door between 45° and 90° and push the long arm of the hexagon socket screw key into the slanted hole of the joint until the key clicks into place.
- Turning clockwise: increases damping (slower closing speed)
- Turning counter-clockwise: reduces damping (faster closing speed)
The closing speed should be checked after each half turn of the key (180°).
IMPORTANT: When the slowest closing speed is reached (door almost stops), do not continue turning the adjusting key clockwise, as this will damage the door closer.
RTS handling instruction
Never push the door shut! There is the risk that the joint buckles and gets damaged.
Casing for surface installation of RTS-e
This casing for the external mounting has been developed to allow the installation of the door closer RTS-e, part no. 400529, on doors e.g. with flush hinges or without a tube frame profile. It also facilitates retrofitting.
As long as the measurements below are observed, this casing permits to mount the RTS-e on all kinds of doors. On steel doors, the casing can be welded onto the door already during production. The same applies to the mounting plate on the jamb.
It is of extreme importance that you observe the corresponding hinge dimensions (see tab ‘Installation’). Depending on the alignment of the hinges, the doors can be opened up to 180°. By default, the casing is zinc-plated. On demand, larger quantities can also be powder coated.
All dimensions in mm
Components included: Casing for surface installation, fixing plate with screws, mounting plate for the jamb with screws and washers.
|File Name||Type||Date of modification|
|DICTATOR RTS Tube Door Closer||2015/06/06|
|Questionnaire tube door closer RTS||2018/07/25|
|Installation instructions RTS long d e||2014/05/04|
|Installation instructions RTS long t u||2014/05/04|
|Installation instructions RTS long v||2014/05/04|
|DWG RTS d, 400520||dwg||2017/05/22|
|STEP RTS d, 400520||stp||2017/07/13|
|DWG RTS t, u, 400525||dwg||2017/07/13|
|STEP RTS t, u, 400525||stp||2017/07/13|
|DWG RTS v, 400527||dwg||2017/07/13|
|STEP RTS v, 400527||stp||2017/07/13|
|DWG RTS e, 400529||dwg||2017/07/13|
|STEP RTS e, 400529||stp||2017/07/13|
|STEP Accessories for RTS d, 400586||stp||2018/11/16|
|STEP Accessories for RTS t, 400587||stp||2018/11/16|
|RTS d, for steel and aluminium doors, long joint||400520|
|RTS t, installation top DIN left or bottom DIN right, long joint||400525|
|RTS u, installation top DIN right or bottom DIN left, long joint||400526|
|RTS v, for wooden doors, installation in centre, long joint||400527|
|RTS e (replacement for GEZE ROR TS 450), long joint||400529|
|Casing for surface installation of RTS e||400594|